Monday, January 23, 2006

Xgl redux

It's been 2 days now since I've managed to get Xgl working, and I've got to say that I'm really impressed. I have been using it as a my main display server ever since I've installed it and it's working like a charm.
And the great thing of course is glxcompmgr. It's an amazing thing looking at your desktop zooming in and out so flawlessly
One thing for every one of you out there:
In most how-to's they'll tell you to compile glxcompmgr with:
./configure --enable-glx
quick hint. Enable gconf (if you have the appropriate headers of course) as well.
Then start it with glxcompmgr gconf, instead of glxcompgr shadow or whatever...
Now open gconf-editor and go to
/app/gnome-composite/general/allscreens/options/active_plugins
There you can define which plugins you want to be loaded by changing the key "value"
After that you can tweak the plugins through
/app/gnome-composite/general/plugins/

No comments: